Thursday 13: My Guilty Pleasures on Tv




”thursday-13″



Thursday 13 is a meme of lists, as far as I know.
Well, I guess if there's anyday to pick out and make my own lists, why not today?
So what am I in the mood to list?
Well, there was a topic on ten on tuesday that I really wanted to do, so why do it today and make it 13.
I shall now divulge my greatest/guiltiest tv pleasures of all time in random order of course. 
1. X-Files - is most remembered for the team up of the one who firmly believes in Science and one who firmly believes in the paranormal. Mulder and Scully paved the way for me into the world of the supernatural. It had such honesty, I love their arguments and premises. 
2. Gilmore Girls - I loved their banter, though I never got to know how the series ended. Of course, I can always go to tv.com or buy the dvds but then I think I gave up when she went back to her hubby Christopher and when a new guy came into the life of Rory. I wanted Rory to end up with Peter Petrelli (oh wait, his name is... Milo Ventimiglia). Or Sam Winchester who was Dean in Gilmore Girls. I wanted Lorelei to end with Luke. I'll check out how the story ended later.
3. Since I've mentioned the guys, how can I not say that I love Heroes! Yes, it is reminiscent of x-men, mutant x etc, but they took it in such a new level, with much higher standards! And I have to admit, I love Peter Petrelli, the most human of all characters second to Hiro Nakamura.
Scrapandlo by: Flergalicious
4. I'm still in Sci-fi mode so why not throw in the most gorgeous hunks in this division for me. Winchester boys of Supernatural! They're just so hot! hot! hot! and I like that they cry even if they're so macho. The difficulties that they face. I'm so looking forward to how the next season begins. It's just so scary because Lucifer has risen. 
5. For more boys that I like, One Tree Hill Rocks! added factor of course is that Moira Kelly is part of the cast so she's actually the reason why I watched the series in the first place. I love the twist that Lucas Scott and Nathan Scott are half-brothers in the same school, the rich jock and the poor guy. Of course, I'm always rooting for Brooke and Lucas but then people don't get what they want and well, I've accepted Julian as the one for Brooke. 
6. Felicity - is an old series that you may or may not remember. I love this one because she followed him to college, the only guy she ever liked. The guy was played by Scott Speedman. oh wait, now I remember...Ben. Plus, an added factor to this one is one of the official sound tracks of the series was sung by our very own Viktoria. Viktoria is a singer from the Philippines who sang "To be Near You."
7.  For a tv addict like me, why do I feel like I'm running out of Favorites? er.... let me recheck my memory.
     I'm absolutely sure I had many. Hmm. Ok, I guess it's time to admit that I have one particular series that I        really love and it's all variations of a single anime. So does that count as one or 3 series?   I'm referring to
     Hana Yori Dango/Boys Over Flowers/Meteor Garden. I can talk about them for a long time but I'm    trying to keep this entry short. It's about F4 and a girl whose name means 'weed' - the simplest version.
8.  Smallville - ahh..Clark Kent and his struggles into being Superman. What more can I say? An undying love for Lana Lang.or wait, has he hooked up with Lois yet? Plus, they're now becoming Justice League so I think its cool.
9. Chuck - I love his character. So much fun and a geek cutie. I love the triangle of Bryce-Sara-Chuck. Is season 3 out already? 
10. House - this is the only medical drama/comedy that I like. Hugh Laurie is amazing with the character plus the character is so unique and original." Everybody lies." Plus the mind games are just amazing. You can't guess what his motivations are.
11. I decided to peruse my shelf. Numbers is for hubby then I remembered... Vampires! True Blood!!! How could I forget? So stupid of me. Sookie, Bill and Eric. I read the books too. Addictions and Obsessions all rolled into this show. 
12. All the CSI (Crime Scene Investigation) from Vegas, to Miami, to New York! It's the one show that unites me and hubby against our kids. There's a weekend showing that goes back to back to back with each other and my kids are always trying to pry the remote from us. 
13. Last, but certainly not the least, Veronica Mars. Who has the character that I most loved, second to Domyouji Tsukasa, Logan. Logan who said: " I think we have a choice. I think we could take a tough, but survivable amount of pain now, or stay together and deal with unbearable pain later. So I vote for the pain now. " I just wish they gave this one a fourth season so that I knew if they will end up together.




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
”thursday-13″

6 thoughts:

Debbie @Like a Rose said...

Love Gilmore Girls and you so have to watch it to the end!

Big fan of One Tree Hill too. I can't beleive with the other things on your list that I didn't see LOST!

sherilee said...

Fun list. I too was a Gilmore Girl fan, and I know how it ended but I won't spoil it for you!! I watched Heroes, the first season, but haven't picked it back up... and Chuck is pretty fun too; husband and I enjoy watching that together.

silverhartgirl said...

I love house and csi. tru Blood is turning how very exciting. I love it I used to watch Gilmore Girls and stopped watching i to do not know the end. Great list of shows

Mys said...

@debbie, i'm an axn fan and somehow I never really got to see lost so it isn't on the list. I do believe that they say it's the most unpredictable show ever, maybe i'll get it as a boxed set.

Calvin said...

my favorites are, doogie howser md, my secret identity, small wonder and mcgyver. hmmm, palabas pa ba mga yun? hahaha.

Mys said...

@calvin, wala ng macgyver but then may bagong edition na ng knightrider. hahaha.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Please visit my other blogs:
Pieces of Mys
Proud Mommy Mys

Thanks