My Bestfriend's Wedding

I'm supposed to write a speech that's supposed to introduce the avp of the couple at a wedding. I can't seem to find myself be able to write it properly. Maybe trying to write it here, will make the words flow easier.


                                          The Bride and Groom(Wife and Hubby)
Here's my finished product:

Today is a day of celebration for both Lieca and Derick. In case you're wondering, I'm Lieca's friend of more than a decade. We met in grade school where she emerged as class valedictorian. I am here to tell you a story. Their story, in its condensed form and I hope I give it justice.
As to any story, there's a beginning, the place where the characters meet and where love began. They were not victims of love at first sight. They were victims of a very decided Cupid in the form of a very charming boss. Even in the earlier part of meeting each other, everyone thought that they were a perfect match. Everyone was right - they make the perfect fit.
But like any great love story, trials and complexities occur and there will always be a villain. For them, their villain was the timing of their meeting. But then True Love conquers all and so in this case, it did too. Their story is also peppered with humor. I recall a story told to me where Attorney Frederick de Vera appeared before the court. The fiscal then announced, " Appearing for the stenographer, and not for the defense."
Today is not the end of their story. In reality, this is just the beginning of a different chapter of their lives. A chapter where this time, they take the journey together.
The simplest version of their story is this, there are  6 billion 763 million,557 thousand people in this world and they found each other. That is the miracle. Finding the one that's for you.
I shall not bore you anymore, I cannot tell their story any better than what's coming next. Instead, I end this with a quote,
Photography records the gamut of feelings written on the human face, the beauty of the earth and skies that man has inherited, and the wealth and confusion man has created.  It is a major force in explaining man to man.  ~Edward Steichen
Note: This speech was delivered this afternoon, received a lukewarm reception since I convinced the hosts to announce the buffet carts open! No one was able to notice that I was practically shaking in my flats and pants. Plus, I could attribute the shaky voice to my colds and cough. 


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 thoughts:

pehpot said...

It's a nice and heart warming speech..for sure your friend was delighted to hear this from you.

Anyway sis, sabi ko like nakita agd hehe because we have the same sentiments over the profile description, that the characters there are not enough to describe who we are.. hehe

about the review, you can use any keywords related to kids or parenting or being a wife :)

when your done with the review just tell me so I can make one for you agad :)

Make or Break

silverhartgirl said...

I love it. It was filled with love and very moving. It sounds like they are going to be very happy together.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Please visit my other blogs:
Pieces of Mys
Proud Mommy Mys

Thanks