Interested in Digital Scrapbooking?

Are you like me, who has a little interest in digital scrapbooking?
If you are, do you know where to find some great free stuff?
I do.
The best sites that I found for free digital scrapbooking elements and papers :
  1. Digifree - where you see previews of the items that are given for free. It's really a search engine with free instant preview. As soon as you click on the image of the freebie you're interested in, it takes you to the site that offers the freebie. One simple rule though. It's free to download but you must at least thank the one who created and gave away the freebie. Plus, take note of the terms of use.
  2. Shabby Princess - is a site that gives away real and complete sets of freebies. She doesn't do it on a regular schedule, but you can always check her site. The papers and the elements are always amazing and beautiful.
  3. Creative Busy Hands Digital Scrapbooking Freebies Search - was that too long for you? Works just like Digifree. Some may be the same of those you'll find at digifree.
Need more ways to find something beautiful and free?
Here's how I do it when I have the time:
My favorite search engine is Google. What's yours? I opt for  a search in web or in blog. Type in blog train. 
There, you'll find blog trains/convoys that is a collection of designers working on a particular theme and giving their beautiful work away. This is a great way to collect free digital papers and elements. Some blog trains happen when there's a particular holiday that is of interest to the scrapbook designer like Valentines or Christmas. Others have monthly blog trains. You should visit all those participating in the train/convoy. When you download, thank them. Bookmark the designers you really like, also when you visit their site, look for a search button, type in freebie, or check out their categories. 
A lot of the artists showcase their art that is both free and for sale. If you can afford it, go ahead and buy those beautiful graphics, I'm pretty sure they're worth it. But if you're a cheapskate like me, then opt for the freebie.
I usually download and use it for myself. Little layouts for my kids, etc. 
Right now, I'm trying to work on a souvenir for a friend who's getting married. Will be posting it here, to see and get your vote. Or not, to keep the event private. I'm designing it as a photomagnet. Just a few pieces, it will act as my wedding gift. She plans to give it to her principal sponsors.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Please visit my other blogs:
Pieces of Mys
Proud Mommy Mys

Thanks