Letters That I'll Never Send: Thank You




I write this as a belated happy birthday greeting to you, someone to whom I'm very thankful for. I can still remember the day I met you. I was going to admit myself in a new dorm and the guard was paging you since you had a phone call. Upon hearing your family name, it was instantly unforgettable. Fortunately for me, it turned out that you were going to be my roommate. Shortlived as it was, since it was your final year and you were such a brilliant student that you never fail in anything, every moment of it was treasured. Through you, I learned to use chopsticks. You introduced me to the art of drinking coffee. You made me question whether I had a career in journalism or psychology. I learned to eat at Tokyo Tokyo which is until now, my favorite fast food chain ever! You taught me about volunteerism. You taught me about politics. I learned that there was such a thing called SSEAYP. I learned about your many adventures aboard a ship and your travels in learning about different cultures. Years passed, but you never forgot about me. When you started working, you would still come and visit, call on the phone, hang out and drink coffee.
I am thankful that after all these years, we have managed to remain friends and when I asked you to be the godmother of my son, you didn't say no. That is something, I'll forever treasure and cherish.
For all the good things you did to me, for making me enjoy food more, for being a great friend even if we're miles apart, for being a second mom to my kids... Ate Jo Paps ---- Thank You!

         




MckLinky Blog Hop

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Please visit my other blogs:
Pieces of Mys
Proud Mommy Mys

Thanks